Sunday 5 December 2010

11 second animation

For the design of my character i first began by listening to the audio to try and get a feel for how i thought the character sounded. To me he souded like a fairly intelligent man, and VERY serious, and so because of this i decided that i would want him to appear smart. However, he also sounded like an evil man, my inspiration for his face came from the character Dr Evil, from Austin Powers, and so i made his slightly chubby, and mostly bald.


I found this image on google images, and i used this picture as a reference to create my character, taking such features as the squinting eyes, and the chubby cheecks. I alse decided to give the character black eyes to make him seem very dark and mysterious.
 










I also made his nose crinkle like in the picture below to make him seem angry.


For his outfit, i wanted him to be wearing a lapcoat, to make him seem more intelligent, i wanted something pretty similare to that of a doctor so i referenced Dr Hibbert from the Simpsons.

As i wanted my character to seem evil, i researed other characters who i believed to be evil, such as Jekyll and Hyde and Frankenstein, this is the type of evil/crazy i wanted my character to seem, rather than that of the characters such as The Nutty Prof. or Dr Nick from the simpsons. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2qOW3R3fus I researched clibs on youtube and found that in most of them werent crazy and manic, but very dark, and that is how i wanted my character to seem. I got the idea for the ending, from looking at Jekyll and Hyde, i decided that in the end there could be a twist and that the evil character in my animation...wasnt so evil at all, and so i decided to have him talking to a baby, trying to get him to go to sleep.....(maybe hes not so good with kids :/)
As i wanted the character to seem dark, i decided that a dark background would be fitting and so i decided to locate it inside of a cave, like an evil layer, in the layer i wanted, i researed old computers to give me inspiration of what to put in the layer,

To try and get the audio to sink i took photos of myself, speaking the words so that i could have a reference when drawing for where the mouth should be.










No comments:

Post a Comment